H. William and Amelia Kuehn Glinke House, Cherry 434, Queen Anne, Built 1895
A wonderful example of achievement made by German immigrants who arrived in the United States during the later half of the 19th century and settled in Wyandotte. Born in 1845 in Wirstiz, Posen, West Prussia, as Wilhelm Glienke, his name was changed during immigration. Glinke immigration about 1870 and worked in the blast furnaces of the Eureka Iron Company. In 1874 he married Ameilia (Emillie) Kuehn (1851-1930) at Trinity Lutheran Church. They had six children. William died in 1925.
This two-story, cross-gabled, weatherboard sided Queen Anne structure, sits on a brick foundation with a Michigan cellar that has a trap door at the northwest corner. The foundation is covered with vertical wood siding.
Listed on the State Register of Historic Sites May 30, 1996.