Porter St W & E
Porter is an east west oriented street with a small two block segment on thewest side of town that is part of the historic downtown. The road begins againon the east side of town running from S. Monroe St. to S. Clark St. Asignificant part of this section passes through the campus of Albion College,passing by the several campus building before terminating on the east side oftown near Harrington Elementary School.W. Porter St. once contained several thriving businesses, as shown in this 1914 photograph. To the firght is the four-story Eslow block, and other brick buildings the Eslow’s erected. On the left can be seen the ornate pole of the Snug Barber Shop.
Back to Streets