Brick building with segmental arched windows on second story, and a corbelled frieze. 112 and 114 have been restored to original fronts. 116 has been incorporated into 118 North Superior and greatly modified with the addition of a pent roof/sign awning and new display windows. 112 and 114, which were built over the river, were rebuilt after the 1908 flood that collapsed the North Superior Street bridge. Round steel posts attached to broad steel beams have been added in recent years to support 112 and 114. At the top of each post are steel plates forming a stylized capital. The posts are capped by recycled bowling balls. The south elevation is covered with a large Coca-Cola mural (c.1909) that was restored in 1983.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.