Albion Interactive History / Buildings / <Albion College
Block +
US Census Block # 34-121
Description
On October 17, 1964, Whitehouse Hall initiated coed housing on the Albion campus.
Source: Gildart, Robert. Albion College, 1835-1960, A History. Chicago: Donnelley Lakeside Press, 1961.

View of covered walkway connecting Baldwin Hall with Whitehouse Hall.

Another view of Whitehouse Hall taken from the intersection of Hannah and Porter Sts.
Source: Isaac Kremer, 1999-2001.
From the Albion College Archives
Whitehouse Hall
Like the Whitehouse Nature Center, this dormitory is named for William W. Whitehouse, former president of the College. Four generations of the Whitehouse family have graduated from Albion. Currently, James Whitehouse, a grandson of W.W. Whitehouse, serves the Institutional Advancement Office of the College, for Gift and Estate Planning. Dr. Whitehouse was known as “Tri-W” or “W-Cubed”. He was noted for knowing, and remembering, the name of every single student.
Whitehouse Hall was completed in October of 1964, originally meant to be an upper class dormitory for men.
The aftermath of a fire
Special Collections contains the Presidential Records of William Whitcomb Whitehouse.
All photographs are from the Albion College Archives Photograph Files, unless otherwise noted.
——————————————————————————–
Networked Resources
http://www.albion.edu/tour/still/reside.asp
Residence Life: Whitehouse Hall
Source: Albion College Archives, 2003 [Downloaded July 3, 2003]


