The old 1885/1893 east wing which sat in the rear of the school complex was demolished as part of the project. The bricks and materials from this structure were used to erect the sports field house in Victory Park. The cost of erecting that building was $2,000.
The Albion Public Schools erected the sports field house in late 1926, using bricks and materials from the demolished Central School east wing. This facility served as a recreation headquarters for many years. The building remains standing today and is presently an office and storage facility for the City of Albion Parks Department.
Source: Frank Passic. A History of the Albion Public Schools. Albion, Michigan: E. Weil Publishing Services. 1991.