Abandoned Power Station
- Red Mill, 1883-1913
- Commonwealth Power Company, water-powered electric generating station
- Destroyed in fire on June 30, 1913
- Water-powered electric generating station, 1913 to after WWII
- Consumers Power Company substation, WWII to 1993
Two-story brick building with tall, narrow windows currently covered with aluminum sheathing. Body is of dark red brick with a white stone cornice and roof edge trim. Brick corbelling is found around the windows and at the cornice line.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.