E. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church
The current double tower Italian Renaissance church was dedicated on May 9, 1915. This new building replaced the first church whose cornerstone was laid on December 3, 1899 and once completed was dedicated on July 8, 1900. The old building continued to be used as a chapel and school. The Sisters convent was built in 1919. During the 17 year pastorate of Reverend Peter Kruzka starting in 1921, an addition to the elementary school was completed, a heating plant installed, the Sisters convent enlarged, and a complete high school opened in 1938.
After winning the Catholic Parochial City Championships in football in 1951, the members of the parish built a field house for the athletes, consisting of a locker room, two dressing rooms, an equipment room, a utility room, and toilet facilities. The construction of a new gym was also completed.
After being appointed the new Shepherd of Mt. Carmel by appointment of the Chancery in September of 1963, Father Venaty Szymanski began work on the new elementary school. On October 30, 1966 the cornerstone of the new elementary school was blessed.
Wyandotte Historical Society plaque accepted January 22, 1993.