1899, Description of Albion College campus
This photo taken March 20, 1899, shows the campus looked much the same twenty years later. Then the oldest building on campus, the Central Building was used continuously from November 1843, to 1906 when it was remodeled, was supplied with an eastern addition, and renamed Robinson Hall. A fire on December 16, 1922, made a complete rebuilding project a necessity, and the present Robinson Hall was erected on the same tie.
Source: Gildart, Robert. Albion College, 1835-1960, A History. Chicago: Donnelley Lakeside Press, 1961. p 52.