The Brown Mill
The first millwright, Harlow Green was also the first person to be buried in Riverside Cemetery. The Brown Mill was also called the Phipps Mill after a millwright who worked there after 1851. In the early morning of February 9th, 1883 a fire broke out. Volunteer firefighters arrived on the scene, however the fire chief was not present to give the orders. The equipment was taken back to the station and no water was thrown on the fire. The mill was rebuilt as the Red Mill later that year. It operated until 1903.
Source: Amanda Campbell and Leslie K. Dick. “Old Mills of Albion, A Photographic History.” 2002.