Two-story brick building with semi-elliptical surrounds, capped by corbelled brick hoods with brick dentils. A frieze with dentil table and cornice with corbelled brick bracket caps the building Doors and display windows are surrounded by channeled pilasters.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.
Historic Preservation Notes +
Compliments to the owner for keeping this building in excellent condition. The painting nicely accentuates the architectural elements (round arched windows and cornice on the second floor). Suggestions for future modification include removing the pent roof awning between the 1st and 2nd floors, and replacing this with a rolling fabric awning consistent with the 1894 picture below. (January 2004)
Built by John Clift c.1862
Source: James B. Field, Souvenir of the City of Albion, 1894.
Detail of first floor.
Source: Isaac Kremer, June 1999.