Wyandotte Interactive Tour / Site of Marx Brewery

Wyandotte, Michigan
1854 Wyandotte Village   |   Ford City   |   Glenwood & Mt. Carmel   |   South Wyandotte


66. Site of Marx Brewery, 1863-1936
The block facing the Detroit River between Oak and Elm and that is a parking lot today, was formerly occupied by the Marx Brewery (1862-1936) a prominent local industry.

Front Street (later named Van Alstyne Blvd in 1904) separated the brewery to the east with the Gray Flouring Mill (1893-1922), the Wyandotte Herald newspaper (published from 1880-1943) and numerous other commercial and residential buildings to the west.

Today a parking lot occupies the site of the former brewery.