Historical Name: n/a
Street Address: 300-302 S. Superior Street
Block Name: Banking Block
Building Date: c.1868
Arch. Style: Commercial Italianate
The Mayhew and Irwin Exchange Office was on this site from 1859 to 1865, it was followed by the Samuel V. Irwin’s National Exchange Bank until 1872.Then it was the C.S. Daskam’s Shoe and Boot store. In 1876 John Peabody, son of the founders of the town, opened the Peabody Exchange and Deposit Bank on the north half of this building.