Albion Civic Chorus, 1926
The Albion Civic Chorus was organized in December, 1926, under the leadership of Louis Upton Rowland, director of Albion College School of Music. Sufficient public interest was aroused to insure the project of a community chorus.
The first program was given Sunday, April 10, 1927, Dubois “Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross” being the work chosen for presentation. Since then two programs each year of classic and modern choral music have been presented.
Under the efficient leadership of its director, Prof. Rowland, the work of this organization gains steadily in quality and in the position it occupies in the community.
Those who have served as presidents of the Chorus are Rev. A.G. Spiegel, (the first president), Miss Jennie Worthington, and Carl Ross.
Source: Krenerick, Miriam. Albion’s Milestones and Memories. Albion, MI: Art Craft Press. 1932. 81