Historic Designation +
Calhoun County Historic Preservation Plan, 1975
Report of the Historic District Study Committee, 1976
Albion Area Historical Architectural Survey, 1985
National Register Listed, August 18, 1997
German Lutheran Church
Faith Community Baptist Church
This brick church building is a tall, narrow, gable-front Gothic Revival structure with a central, square-plan brick tower with wood belfry and spire. The church proper is set on a lower story fully raised above grade and is capped by a steeply pitched roof. Entry to the church is through paired doors in the tower. Above the doorway is a pointed-arch wood panel with carved tracery. A pair of short pointed arch windows are above this. The belfry is battered and is clad in wood shingles. The lantern is broken by paired pointed arch openings. The spire has a metal cross at the apex. The main (second) floor is lit by tall Gothic Revival stained glass windows on the west, north, and south elevations.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.
Image Source: James B. Field, Souvenir of the City of Albion, 1894.
Source: Isaac Kremer, January 2004.