Albion Interactive History / Buildings / Downtown
300 S. Clinton St, Ismon House, 1898-1899
Style +
Queene Anne with Shingle Style Details
Historic Designation +
Albion Area Historical Architectural Survey, 1985
National Register Listed, August 18, 1997
Architecture
Three-story brick veneered, frame building with a coursed stone foundation, an octagonal tower capped with a shingle clad conical roof. There is a shingled overhanging gable end. The windows are regular and arched types, the entrance is a Syrian entrance arch with Ionic capped pilasters, a radiating long arch and a stained glass window. Formerly housed the Leisure Hour Club, Ladies Library Association, and ELT Club.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.


Two postcards showing Ismon House a few years after it is completed.

West facade facing Clinton St.


View of side entrance and fire escape on south face.

Barbeque pit at back of building.

Gas lamp at front of building.


Rounded arch entrance with classical ornamentation.

Cut stone foundation. Glass blocks added later.

Boarded up stained glass window near front entrance.

“A Community Gathering Place” sign in 2003.
Source: Isaac Kremer, December 2003

