68. Bishop Park, 1922 and later additions
The American Legion clubhouse in the middle of Bishop Park separates the area to the north where J.H. Bishop had a fur products factory, and the block to the south that once had several mixed-use buildings.
The dock at the foot of Oak St was the municipal dock used by boats furnishing daily scheduled trips on the Detroit River. A passenger vessel, the “Wyandotte” was a favorite way to travel to and from Detroit.
The tour could conceivably end here, by showing off Wyandotte’s beautiful river-front parks, one of many features that makes Wyandotte a wonderful place to raise a family, and to live, work, and play today, but by stopping here we would leave the most important part of Wyandotte’s story incomplete.