Wyandotte Interactive Tour / Site of Marx Opera House

Wyandotte, Michigan
1854 Wyandotte Village   |   Ford City   |   Glenwood & Mt. Carmel   |   South Wyandotte


60. Site of Marx Opera House, Opened 1896, Fire 1908
Opened October 8, 1896 on the west side of Biddle Avenue between Maple and Sycamore. Had seating capacity for 1000, electric lights, and steam heat. Destroyed by a fire in June of 1908, but rebuilt in 1910 at Biddle and Sycamore.

Social gatherings were held in the Opera House because the first floor was level and could be used for dancing.

Today the opera house no longer exists, with one-story restaurants and stores on the site.