Wyandotte Interactive Tour / Filling Station

Wyandotte, Michigan
1854 Wyandotte Village   |   Ford City   |   Glenwood & Mt. Carmel   |   South Wyandotte


55. Filling Station, excellent example of early corner station
An excellent example of an early street corner filling station with a one room building for an attendant. A small filling pump remains on the site of the building, which provided kerosene that was used in lamps in houses before they were wired for electricity.

Doors have a chevron pattern. Façade angled so visible from all four approaching streets.