Wyandotte Interactive Tour / Congregational Church

Wyandotte, Michigan
1854 Wyandotte Village   |   Ford City   |   Glenwood & Mt. Carmel   |   South Wyandotte


19. Congregational Church, English Gothic, Built 1902
Wyandotte’s finest example of English Gothic church architecture, this is an interpretation of Shakespeare’s church in Stratford-on-Avon, but not a replica as local legend goes. It is important to recognize that Wyandotte’s church is not an exact copy.

The building and furnishings were a gift of businessman and philanthropist Jerome Bishop in 1902. His house was located one block to the east on the NE corner of Biddle and Superior.

Original Tiffany windows surround the sanctuary. The congregation nearly had these removed in the 1990’s but showed great wisdom keeping them in place.

Wyandotte Historical Society plaque accepted Jan. 8, 1992, installed March 26, 1992.