18. St. Patricks Roman Catholic Church, 1st Building 1857, Current Sanctuary 1873, School 1906
Wyandottes first Catholic congregation has continuously occupied this site since 1857. Originally called the parish of St Charles Borommeo, this was a parish church of St. Francis Xavier out of Ecorse.
Architectural features include brick quoins at the corner, gable roof with cross gable, belt course under the 1st and 3rd story windows, and round arched doorways. Crosses are at the peak of gable parapets and the roof has slate shingles.
The original building was remodeled at the same time that the new school was built in 1906. The central transept tower was removed then put on front of the building. The new school building had the first auditorium in Wyandotte.
Wyandotte Historical Society plaque accepted April 29, 1992.