Historical Name: Thompson Building
Street Address: 416-420 S. Superior Street
Block Name: n/a
Building Date: c.1878
Arch. Style: Commercial Italianate
This building was originally built by Edgar Thompson, a livery man in the 1890s, and later went to an auto service store in the 1910s and 1920s. This building was also the Albion Theater from 1938 until in closed in the summer of 1959. Other functions have included a drapery store, and a Spiegel’s catalog office. Rita Stahl, whose office is in this building, has provided wonderful historical information not just about this building, but all of Albion. She is one of Albion’s greatest treasures today and a living connection to the historical legacy we have inherited.