Three-story brick building with horizontal molding in the cornice line and dentil molding. On the Erie Street elevation is a trio of oculus windows at the first level. These windows have been in filled with plywood, and the eastern most window and a portion of the center window are obscured by signage. Lintels with decorative scrollwork are placed above each window. The first floor storefront was remodeled in the 1960’s with aluminum sheathing and vertical plywood planking. To the rear of the building is a two story ell. The lower floor is accessed by a garage door, the second level (a later addition), is framed and clad in aluminum siding with one-over-one windows.
In 1838 a small wooden building on this corner served as Albion’s first post office; the postmaster was Jesse Crowell. In 1852 the present structure was built by David and Walter Peabody, sons of Albion’s first white settler, Tenney Peabody. It was known as the Peabody Block, later the Warner Block. Mounteer’s Bakery, once on the corner, was a long time attraction.John Peabody lived with his wife Madelon Peabody in a home behind this building that is presently a parking lot.