Historical Name: Post Office
Street Address: 307 N. Superior Street
Block Name: n/a
Building Date: 1917
Arch. Style: Neo-classical
Brick wall, two-story, five bay building with limestone relief panels between first and second floor windows and above the door. The building also carries a limestone water table, plus a limestone pediment supported on brick piers. A 1963 addition on the north and rear elevation uses similar brick and limestone.
The present Post Office was built in 1917 and modernized in 1967. On this site in 1839 was built Parker’s Exchange Hotel, later known as the Van Atta House. It was a long time stage coach stop before the Michigan Central Railroad reached Albion in 1845.