A two-story, brick building with corbelled brick dentils marking the cornice line in front.Soldiered brick segmental arch transoms are set over Chicago windows. The storefronts have been modified with a wood and shake pent roof awning. The Cass Street side of the building features second story one-over-one windows with broad stone lintels and narrow stone sills. Running below the cornice line and above a projecting brick string course is a band of four oculus windows. At the first story, flanking the storefront of 103 West Cass is a side entry and two small windows with lintels and sills matching those above. 103 West Cass is a storefront with a recessed entry and cast iron columns.
In 1846, this area was occupied by a foundry and machine shop built by James Monroe.A legend stone indicates that this area was renamed the Perkins block when a new building was constructed in 1900.