Flashback – 1999
In May 1999 the former J.C. Penney’s was empty prior to being donated. As a student we had a chance to go inside and see the “before” condition prior to work starting. Evidence of the department store including their old safe were present, superimposed against the older Dalrymple Block dating to the 19th century and which was shortened and reclad to make way for the J.C. Penney’s store. Next door the Goodwill Store was in the Crowell Block, built in 1858 by Albion’s Greatest Benefactor, Jesse Crowell.