This statue has a complex past. Originally part of the monument on Court Street commemorating the Battle of Monmouth, completed on November 13, 1884, it was damaged by lightning on August 15, 1894. The statue was removed and this bust was used as a model for an 1896 replica of the original statue. The Historical Marker Database continues from there.
Feature lights draw the eye towards the purchase counter and shoe rental. Note the use of threaded pipes for the Check Out signs mounted on the countertop. Feature wall incorporating Bowlero logo. Offset by reclaimed wood paneling to create an Instagrammable photo opportunity. Bowling is enlivened by video boards in the distance. Colored lighting enhances the experience. Grabbing a quick
T. J .Collins designed the Marquis Building on Beverley Street with a corner turret, bay windows, and gable-roofed bays. Together these give this commercial building a commanding presence at the intersection that it rests upon. The T. J .Collins designed Switzer Building with triple arches on the 2nd floor based on larger Venetian palazzos with a diamond pattern of terra
History photos enliven an otherwise blank wall. The Bijou is one of several theaters providing for the entertainment needs of the city and region. Water feature through the downtown steps from where the Farmers Market is held each week. Some of the public art commissioned, including a descriptive plaque with price tag. Water feature in Market Square, steps from shops,
Artprize 2009 by Daan Hoekstra. Underwritten by Allan and Claudia Carlson, Anne Copps, Tom and Mickie Fox, Barbara Mayo-Johnson, Linn Keller, and Hank and Liesel Meijer. Humanity at the Crossroads (2009) A Janusian Analysis of Daan Hoekstra’s Humanity at the Crossroads Daan Hoekstra’s mural Humanity at the Crossroads was commissioned by the Grand Rapids Community Foundation in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2009. Artistic Intentions:
Old Town Historic District Colonial Garden The Gear Garden & Foundry Park Foundry Park sits on the site of the Eyster Weiser Co. foundary, established in 1904, whose buildings flanked Philadelphia Street. The main foundry was destroyed by fire in 1975. Brick structure that held other foundry functions are still on site, overlooking the park. When the park was built
Volunteer opportunities clearly on display and encouraged, at The Ave.