- 1887-1930 (Roth)
The rebirth or revival of the Classical Greek and Roman worlds, their humanism, individual creativity, and, in architecture, the adaptation of the Classical vocabulary to new building types, such as churches and palazzi.
May also refer to the following:
- Italian Renaissance
- Renaissance Revival
- Italian Renaissance Revival
- Second Renaissance Revival
- Provincial Dutch Renaissance (New Netherlands)
- Renaissance Revival: The North Italian Mode, The
- Renaissance Revival: The Romano-Tuscan Mode, The
- Renaissance, Italianate and Italian Villa
- Second Italian Renaissance Revival
- Baker, John Milnes. American House Styles: A Concise Guide. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company, Ltd., 2002.
- Blumenson, John J.G. Identifying American Architecture: A Pictorial Guide for Styles and Terms, 1600-1945. Nashville: American Association for State and Local History, 1981.
- McAlester, Virginia. A Field Guide to American Houses: The Definitive Guide to Identifying and Understanding America’s Domestic Architecture. New York, NY: Knopf, 2015.
Also see Architecture / Style index.