- 1905-1930 (McAlester)
- 1900-1930 (Baker)
- heavy squared piers
- flared eave
- shed dormer
- gabled dormer
- ribbon window (three or more continuous windows)
- full-width, one-story porch
- partial (often inset in L) porch
- Baker, John Milnes. American House Styles: A Concise Guide. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company, Ltd., 2002.
- Blumenson, John J.G. Identifying American Architecture: A Pictorial Guide for Styles and Terms, 1600-1945. Nashville: American Association for State and Local History, 1981.
- McAlester, Virginia. A Field Guide to American Houses: The Definitive Guide to Identifying and Understanding America’s Domestic Architecture. New York, NY: Knopf, 2015.
Also see Architecture / Style index.