- adobe: Sun-dried brick. In American usage designates a building made of this material.
- adobe clay: Clay containing sufficient aluminous matter to form a bond in adobe construction or pottery.
- adobe earth: Also see adobe clay.
- adobe mud: Adobe and water mixture either in a general sense, or as meaning plaster or mortar so made.
- adobe soil: Also see adobe clay.
- adobes: Also see adobes.
- dobe: Also see adobe.
- dobie: Same as adobe, an American corruption.
- puddled adobe: The Native American construction technique using separate layers of wet, hand-laid mud to build walls, in contrast with the Spanish method of building up walls with sunbaked adobe bricks.
Also see Architecture index.