function / industry/processing/extraction / manufacturing facility
function / industry/processing/extraction / power plant
function / industry/processing/extraction / processing site
function / industry/processing/extraction / water-related
function / industry/processing/extraction / waterworks
function / industry/processing/extraction
- baphium: In ancient Rome, an establishment for dyeing cloth.
- batardeau: Also see coffer dam.
- factory: A building in which manufacturing is carried on.
- fondaco: In Italian, a factory.
- glasshouse: A factory where glass was manufactured.
- glass-house: Building in which glass is manufactured. 2. Building with walls and roof mainly of glass: a conservatory, greenhouse, hot-house, or orangery.
- industrial buildings: Buildings used as a warehouse, factory, or mill.
- manufactory: See factory.
- moulding mill: A mill in which primarily wooden moldings are manufactured by power machines.
- power house: A building in which steam power, water power, or the like, is generated, and from which it is conveyed for the operation of machinery or other purposes, as to the other buildings of a large factory, or to the vehicles on a trolley or cable railway.
- privy: A small building to shelter the primitive and unsanitary prototype of the water closet.
- saw mill: A mill in which lumber is split or divided by saws run by power machines.
- warehouse: A building for storage purposes.
- waterwork: Also see water works.
- wellhead: Also see wellhouse.
Also see Architecture index.