Palmer Montgomery Dearing was born in 1865. He attended Albion College, but dropped out one month before his graduation because of the death of his mother, HArriet Palmer Dearing in 1888. HE was the first cashier of the Commercial and Savings Bank when it opened in 1893, and taught banking at the Cleary Business College in Ypsilanti. In 1893 he served as Albion City Clerk; from 1894 to 1895 he was captain of the hook and ladder company for the Albion Fire Department. From 1898 to 1900 he served as fire cheif. Palmer lived at 510 Michigan Avenue, on the NW corner of Michigan Avenue and Bidwell Streets, the house is still standing today . He also owned a sixty acre farm on the NEwburg road east of town, which was willed to him by his grandmother, Mrs. Hannah Palmer. Palmer Dearing served as a city alderman on the Democratic ticket. His name was placed on the bronze plaque which is still found on the N. Superior St. bridge, which was built after the 1908 flood.
Source: Frank Passic. Albion’s Banks and Bankers. Albion, Michigan:Albion Civic Foundation. 1985.