Vernon Baldwin joined the faculty of Albion High School in January 1937, and in the fall of that year began teaching biology. He continued to do so for 36 consecutive years thereafter. Room 319 of Washington Gardner High School served as the biology room where Baldwin taught, until the move to the new high school was made in 1967. Many of Baldwin’s studentswent on to use the biology they learned from him to become doctors, nurses, and to serve in other advanced professions. He retired in 1973 after 36 1/2 years of service in the Albion Public Schools.
Source: Frank Passic. A History of the Albion Public Schools. Albion, Michigan: E. Weil Publishing Services. 1991.