Albion Local No.10 of the Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers Union, 1911
Disbanded July 1931
Albion Local No.10 of the Bricklayers, Masons, and Plasterers Union was formed on August 11, 1911. The group’s first officers were president, August Arndt; vice-president, Fred Luedtke; financial and corresponding secretary, George Chase; treasurer, Early Guyselman; recording secretary, Clarence Trine; deputy, Charles Guyselman; alternate deputy, George Haynes. Clarence Trine held the position of recording secretary for the Union’s entire existence.
At the first meeting of the group, the wage scale was set at $.40 per hour for ten-hour day. A list of the original members of the Union reads: August Arndy, Fred Luedtke, George Chase, Early Guyselman, Clarence Trine, Charles Guyselman, George Haynes, William Eagen, A. Higgings, Howard Chapman, Henry Keck, W.J. O’Dell, Lewis Trine, Harry Guyselman, Sidney Sebastian, Fred North, Edward Dacey, William Shelp, Charles Sebastian, Hiram Herrick, FrankHerrick, Arthur Smalley, William Smalley, James E. Graham, Hiram Platt, and Harry Bailey.
Source: Frank Passic. Homestead Savings and Loan and the Builders of Albion: One Hundred Years of Service, 1889-1989. Albion, MI: Homestead Savings and Loan Association. 1988.