1954, Filling in of Mill Race
The old Consumer’s Power Company water raceway tat once generated electricity was filled during the summer of 1954. The Market Place area was subsequently transformed into a giant asphalt parking lot. Various events were held here in the late 1950s, such as this car rally depicted above. In the distance on the right is Sharp’s Construction Company and behind it the large Albion Elevator. On the left is the Albion Frozen Food Market.