Newburg Mill (Summer 1844-April 1903)
In the summer of 1844, Marvin Hannahs built the Newburg Mill about one mile east of Albion on what is now 28 ½ mile road. The power for the grist, flour, and sawmills was provided by one large overshot water wheel. Amsden and Campbell bought the structure in about 1901 after it had been out of service for several years. They intended to renovate the mill in the summer of 1903; however, it burned to the ground in April of that year. The Newburg Mill had long been a place for romantic evening strolls for students, an animal bath for farmers, and a Sunday picnic site for families.
Source: Amanda Campbell and Leslie K. Dick. “Old Mills of Albion, A Photographic History.” 2002.