Two-story brick building with a dentiled corbel table. This building has been greatly modified, and carries a mansard addition that envelopes the second story and projects over the sidewalk. The windows of the second floor project out and are capped by heavy, stylized pediment moldings.
The huge four-story Eslow Block, pictured above in this 1870s photograph, stood as an Albion landmark beginning with its erection in 1869, until a fire in 1919 resulted in the top story being removed. On the far left is the Clift Block, which at the time contained the Charles B. Bogue grocery. Next is the frame building was the Howard Quinlan grocery. Following that is a barber shop, and then the James W. Sheldon Exchange Bank. On the corner is a clothing store, which shows apparel hanging out in front.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.