Rieger Park is bounded in the north by Erie St. and Ionia St. The park isbounded by the Kalamazoo River. Dedicated inhonor of H.A. Rieger, city engineer from 1931-1955. A plaque and sign can beseen near the north end of the park, dedicated by the Albion Exchange Club. Amore recent addition to the north is a stone and cement monument dedicated bythe Albion Community Foundation. The plaque reads, “Erected in celebration of 150 years of agriculture, commerce, education, and industry, and as a challenge for 150 more yearsof community progress. Albion, A Good Life.” Also on the park is a millpond, that in the winter is turned into a skating pond with adjoining warminghut. Extensive river works can also be found slightly to the south. Across theKalamazoo River to the east, open park space continues with the beautiful VictoryPark.
Source: Frank Passic. A Pictorial History of Albion, Michigan; From the Archives of the Albion Historical Society. Dallas, Texas: Curtis Media Corporation. 1991.