The Fitch Street Chapel was erected during the 1880’s under the leadership of Rev. Henry Jordan. It was used for Methodist worship services for those who did not want to travel all the way into downtown Albion for services there. Later, the Chapel became home for several Albion churches through the years, including: The Church of God from 1928 to 1958, the Grace Lutheran Church from 1957 until 1961, and the Judson American Baptist Church in 1968 to 1971.
Source: Frank Passic. A Pictorial History of Albion, Michigan; From the Archives of the Albion Historical Society. Dallas, Texas: Curtis Media Corporation. 1991.