118 West Porter Street, DeWeese Garage, c.1922
One-story brick veneered building with a stepped parapet front wall. The building features large garage doors and is an example of early automobile related architecture. The building was originally the automobile showroom of Oakland Pontiac and DeWeese garage. Prior to the garage, this was the site of a section of the Airdrome Theater.
Roscoe DeWeese operate a car dealership at this location on W. Porter St. in the 1920’s.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.