Firemen battle a blaze at the Community Building (formerly the Women’s Christian Temperance Building) on E. Erie St., December 19, 1944. The building was a total loss and a small parking lot sits on the site today.
Source: Frank Passic. A Pictorial History of Albion, Michigan; From the Archives of the Albion Historical Society. Dallas, Texas: Curtis Media Corporation. 1991.p 79.