301 North Clinton Street, 1920
This two-story, three bay brick building has a prominent steeped pediment with limestone table. Flat lintels are found over first and second story windows and the entry. The rear wing is a one-story warehouse of four bays, with openings raised to accommodate trucks. The building was formerly the Michigan Central Railroad’s Albion freight depot.
The Michigan Central Freight Office burned in 1920, and was replaced by a new structure. The Freight Office was later closed and transactions were handled at the main depot. The new office was refurbished in 1973 into a craft and hobby store, which operated until May 1984.
Source: National Park Service; Superior Street Commercial Historic District Registration Form. Prepared by Lloyd Baldwin. October 1996.