619 Austin Avenue
Tyszko’s Grocery at 619 Austin Avenue was a “west end” landmark from 1927 until it closed in 1990. Originally owned by Teofil Tyszko (1887-1980), it sold groceries and fresh-cut meats, and was the first store in Albion to be granted beer and liquor licenses. On the left is the Fred Smith service garage; on the right is the service station of Warren G. Hooper. This photo was taken in 1939. (Photo courtesy of Ruth [Romanchuk] Dean).